This afternoon I brought the kids up the river a little ways to a spot where there is small alcove where the water pools up and it is very calm and safe for swimming.
Give your candy bar to me
That’s the last of it you’ll see
Love is just the opposite
You can’t give too much of it.
G.L.Y.S.D.I God Loves You And So Do I
Pass it around it will come back to you.
The river is an excellent reminder of God’s abundant love for us and how through Him we too have an abundance of love to share with others. This is what we strive to do here at 6:8 Ministries and what we have begun doing here at the Children’s Ranch. We moved onto the Ranch almost full time the first week of February. We live there on weekdays and travel back to the city on weekends to help with the Saturday feeding center and anything else they need our help with. The children started school at Green Valley Bi-Lingual School on February 9th, the first day of the school year in Costa Rica.
Last week was a very exciting week for us with 4 visitors from Connecticut. Jaylyn, from our home church Valley Brook Community Church began interning for us here at 6:8 Ministries.
Two weeks ago we began laying the foundation for a building that we will first use as a much needed shed since all of our tools, and supplies were stored in the kitchen. This building will eventually serve as a guard house for security once the Ranch is up and running. Thanks to our Tico workers and our CT friends, we are amazed to say that we completed the building last Thursday and moved all of the tools, lawnmower, weed wackers, wood, etc. out of the kitchen and into the shed. Yay God! The kitchen staff will be so excited when they see it!
God has been so good! We continue to be amazed and blessed to see how God provides exactly what we need in the moment that we need it. Our latest little God moment happened last Monday morning when we woke up to yelping outside.
- Please continue to pray for the kids and their adjustment to a mainly Spanish speaking school. Pray that God would give them a supernatural understanding of the language. Rob and I could use a little of that prayer tooJ
- Please also pray for us as we move forward with construction on the Ranch. Much prayer is needed as we continue to work with the municipality and try to get through the red tape in order to get the permits necessary for building the family houses that will eventually house the foster/orphan children and their host families.
- God’s abundant love.
- That the kids are adjusting remarkably well to their new school.
- For our visitors from Connecticut.
- For the completion of our much needed shed!!!
- For all the stars in the sky that are now appearing at the ranch (see post from September 29, 2014)